Sunday, July 31, 2011

Well this last week went by pretty fast thankfully! It has been a long one though! I pretty much just went to classes this last week and hung out with the family and my friends. Friday Lizzy, Jessica, James and I wen to San Jose to buy some last minute souvenirs and it was actually pretty cool. We found a new store call "La Casona" and it was filled with tons of fun things. If I had lots of money I would have spent it all there. Then this weekend I just decided to stay home because we have so much homework and I wanted to spend it with mi familia tica! Yesterday mi padre tico came all the way from Guanacaste just to take me out to dinner before I left. I didn't know this till this morning when he had already left. How sweet is that!? I didn't even get to say goodbye though because he left so early! :( I feel really bad, but it was so kind of him to do this for me! Today my friend Lizzy came over for lunch. She wanted to meet my family and this was one of the only chances she was going to get. It was really nice of mi mami tica to let her come and we enjoyed a delicious lunch of meat, rice, and mashed potatoes! The rest of the day is going to be filled with homework because I have so much due really soon! This next week isn't going to be any shorter than last week. I have so much to do in the next 5 days before I come home it's crazy! Tomorrow is our last day of normal classes and after dance class at 6 the USAC group is going to walk to Cartago for Virgen de los Angeles. It's a day to celebrate Costa Rica's patron saint. There are tons of people that walk from all over Costa Rica to celebrate this event so we are going to have the experience too and walk with them. It is approximately a 4 hour walk from San Jose to Cartago so that will be fun! Then we have no classes Tuesday because that is when the actual celebration happens. Then Wednesday and Thursday are finals and Friday is when I fly back home. So pretty much there is a lot to do in the next few days so I better get crackin' and finish my stuff so I can enjoy my last few days here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment