Sunday, June 12, 2011

Well I have been a slacker for the past few days! Sorry everyone! Well let's see, what have I done these past few days..... Well Thursday afternoon for my history class we went to a museum called Museo de Cultura Popular! It was a really cool place and it used to be the home of a former president of Costa Rica and his family or something. It was a very interesting place with a lot of history! While there we got to make homemade tortillas! That was really fun, but we are definitely not tortilla professionals! Then we got to eat picadillo with our tortillas (it was basically chopped potatoes with meat and some type of sauce...delicious!) Friday I went to class then hung out at home for a while than my host sister, Dani, asked me if I wanted to go watch her do ballet! I went and it was so cute to see her do it! She has only been doing it for 5 months and is pretty good! :) Then I went to a bible study just down the road from my house and it was awesome! I understood most of what was going on because I had my English bible so that definitely helped me out a lot! Then Saturday I watched a movie with Dani and Ruben and it was an awful movie! but it was fun to hang out! Saturday night Ruben and I went to church with our bible study friends at Monte de Dios! It was a college/teenage service and it was really upbeat and fun! I enjoyed it! This morning Ruben and I went back to the same church for the morning service and it was just as upbeat and awesome as Saturday night! I like this church I think, but I definitely did not understand most of it! I will have to practice the songs or something because I could not sing in Spanish at all....but it was still fun! Tomorrow starts the beginning of week 4! That means I only have two weeks left of this session and only 14 days until my family comes to visit!!! Yay!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment