Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ayer nosotros fuimos a Cartago! It's a place southeast of Heredia! We drove for about an hour then we stopped and ate lunch at what I thought was a Mexican restaurant! Well they had some Mexican food, but it was mostly hamburgers! I ended up having a double patty hamburger with ham and cheese in the center of them. It was quite interesting to say the least! It wasn't gross, just different! After lunch, we went to the big Catedral that's in the city! It was so gorgeous! There is a tradition with that church where every year on August 1st people from all over Costa Rica walk to Cartago to go to the church to either give thanks, ask for healing, bring offerings, etc. There are supposedly thousands and thousands of people! Carlitos said that we should get a group together and walk to Cartago together on Aug 1st. So that is a possibility for now! After we left the church we drove back to San Pedro and went to this huge mall there! Unfortunately we found this amazing shoe store that was soo cheap and nice that we all ended up buying at least one pair of shoes... It was a fabulous store! ;) We all had a good time and I enjoy our little afternoon adventures to different cities! This is definitely a beautiful country and there is so much to see! Today I finally finished my last midterm so that is good! Now I just have like 2.5 weeks left before the end of this session and only 17 days till My Mommy and Alli and possibly Scottie come to visit!! Yay!!! I cannot wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment