Saturday, May 21, 2011

I started off my day with eating rice and black beans. It's a traditional Costa Rican meal! My host mom, Patricia, gave me a huge plate and I definitely couldn't eat it all. It was interesting to say the least. It wasn't gross, just different, especially for breakfast. Then Patricia took me on a Bus to Heredia to the Universidad (UNA) for my orientation. I met all of the rest of the USAC students and adults in charge, which was nice! They are all very sweet and we had a good day today! We toured the campus, talked about what to expect, and I learned where the market is! I am sooo excited to go there so I hope it's as good as they say! :) I also picked out my classes....I'm going to take Intermediate Espanol, Conversacion de Espanol, Historia de Americana Latina, y Biles de Americana Latino (I get to take dance class for both sessions YAY!). After orientation my host sister, Daniela, came and picked me up. We rode the bus back to our casa, but I'm pretty sure I am going to get lost on Monday :/ This afternoon Dani and I are going to the mall, I think anyway, so we will see what that is like! So far my spanish sucks, but I'm really hoping that it will get better sooner rather than later. For now I'll just smile and nod and say Okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment